Best Tea for Sore Throat
How could a cup of tea help to relieve symptoms of a sore throat? Even if you are not a tea drinker, you might find yourself reaching for a steaming cup of tea to ease symptoms of sore throat. What are the best teas for a sore throat?
So are you facing difficulty in swallowing food? Having a sore throat is painful. Even if it isn’t severe enough to visit the doctor, however, it may prevent you from getting rest and sleep.
Fortunately, you can use natural remedies to soothe the pain and irritation. Also, drinking a steaming cup of blooming lotus tea may be all you need to start feeling better fast. Where to buy teas for a sore throat? Read on to find more about teas for relieving symptoms of sore throat.
How Tea Helps Relieve Symptoms of Sore Throat
A sore throat can be painful. The main symptoms are pain and swelling in the throat, especially when you swallow. A hot cup of tea is all you need to soothe a scratchy throat. Sip tea to ease symptoms of sore throat. Let’s have a look at some of the best teas for sore throat.
1. Keeps you Hydrated
- Tea keeps you hydrated and helps to reduce pain and irritation in the throat.
- It also thins the mucous membranes, allowing particles to be more easily coughed out.
2. Immune System Booster
- The powerful antioxidants in tea help to boost the immune system, making it easier to fight various infections. Antioxidants act as a shield for your body, thereby protect you from the damaging effects of free radicals created by air pollution.
- Peppermint tea helps to relieve pain. The menthol cools inflamed throat tissue. It may have anti-inflammatory effects to reduce the swelling in your sinuses.
- Use Lemons as it may help break up mucus while giving a boost to your immune system and fast recovery.
- To hinge its real antioxidant benefits, try to consume 2-3 cups of herbal teas per day.
3. Buy Tea for Sore Throat
- The anti-inflammatory properties in most herbal teas help to reduce pain and swelling.
- Warm liquids help to relieve symptoms of sore throats.
- Teas like black tea, green tea, and oolong tea are rich in antioxidants and flavonoids that help to reduce pain in case of sore throat.
- The anti-inflammatory property of Chamomile tea helps to reduce swelling.
- Ginger tea also serves as an excellent remedy for sore throat. It’s anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties help in killing unwanted bacteria, as it flushes out contaminants from your body.
4. Tea and Honey
- Combining honey with blooming lotus tea can help to fight bacteria. The antibacterial property of honey helps to ease symptoms of a sore throat.
- Honey is not only a natural sweetener, but it also helps to soothe a sore throat. Its antibacterial property helps to reduce inflammation.
Last not least, never forget to gargle with warm salt water to get rid of the infection. It’s recommended to start drinking the blooming lotus tea as soon as you feel symptoms. Two to three cups per day are appropriate. I recommend putting it in a flask and sipping it throughout the day.