LET’S BAKE LAVENDER MACARONS
Sitting in my balcony one summer evening, I was browsing different recipes when I came across “Lavender Macarons”. I scrolled through the whole page and decided to bake lavender macarons. One of the gifts of the summer season is “lavender“. Lavender is the beauty of nature; purple, delicate, and melancholic.
It is rightly said:
“Lavender brings luck and adventure for those who choose to embrace it.”
The fresh flower buds of lavender when dried could be used to bake rich and nutritious lavender macarons.
What? It must be a very long, tedious process to bake lavender macarons. The answer to your query is it just takes 45-50 minutes (tada! feeling happy?).
And to add to the beauty and presentation of these macarons, what you can do? Make some lavender buttercream. It will take just 7 to 10 minutes (preparing plus cooking…piece of cake!).
So folks! Are you ready for baking the marvellous lavender buttercream macarons? (Of course, it’s a big YES!). Grab on the pen and paper.
Ingredients for Lavender Macarons
1. Almonds or Almond Flour (whatever is available): 100 gram
2. Powdered sugar (if not available you can grind the granulated one to get powdered from): 200 grams
3. Egg whites: 3 (remember to place the eggs at room temperature for one day before baking…make sure to follow it!)
4. Granulated sugar: 50 grams
5. Food colouring (any colour you love! It’s optional BTW)
Ingredients for Lavender Buttercream
1. Icing sugar: 3 cups
2. Butter: ½ cup (placed at room temperature)
3. Cream: ¼ cup
4. Dried lavender: 1 teaspoon
Steps to Bake Lavender Macarons
- Grind the almonds by using a food grinder or blender (but don’t grind too much unless you wish for almond butter!).
- Mix well the ground almonds with powdered sugar.
- Take a large bowl and beat the egg whites till it forms gentle foam.
- Add granulated sugar and food colouring in it with constant stirring until it becomes stiff.
- Now fold the almond-sugar mixture gently by using a spatula (remember not to make them too big!).
- Pipe the macarons on the baking sheets and sprinkle a few pieces of lavender on them.
- Let the macarons to sit for about 60 minutes to get a dry skin of it.
- Bake for about 11 to 13 minutes in the oven preheated to 150°
- Let it cool and sandwich together with the macarons of the same size.
Steps to Make Lavender Buttercream
- Heat cream in a small pan (keep the flame at medium-high) and add dried lavender in it. Steep for about 5 minutes.
- Strain out lavender and let the cream cool.
- Mix the icing sugar, butter and cream to obtain lovely piping (lavender buttercream is ready…yes, it is that easy!).
- Pipe the buttercream between the sandwiched macarons.
The beautiful (rather royal!) lavender macarons are ready to serve. You can store it in the fridge for about 1 to 2 days. But, you will surely not able to save it because no one will be “left” for it. Wish you good luck for baking lavender macarons and do tell how your experience goes with it.